THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Saturday, November 6, 2010

A List Vol. 6

I know they call it , "The Terrible Twos," but it really is horrible.  JAC turns two in December and he has embarked in the tantrum throwing hysterics with full gusto.  I am absolutely exhausted.  Today when I threw him in his room for a nap I think we were both glad to be rid of each other.  He does not bring out the best in me.  Lately when he throws a full on fit, Jess and I will roll our eyes and say "JAC is attempting to win a PEGOT (Pulitzer, Emmy, Grammy, Oscar and Tony)."  He is dramatic enough to compete with the best of them and I am sure my parenting will scar him and inspire him to write a "tell-all" about his miserable childhood.

Here is my list:

Things I hate about parenting:
1. Overwhelming guilt: I try really hard but despite lots of prayer I typically finish every day wishing I could reverse time and change a few decisions.
2. Fit throwing in public: There is nothing that makes you feel quite so incompetent as your child shouting "No!" and crying on the ground for half an hour.
3. The lack of logic: Two year olds are not logical. You can't reason with them. One moment they want to go to the park and the next moment they are crying because they have to wear shoes.

Things I love about parenting:
1. Overwhelming Thankfulness: Parenting makes me consistently thankful for the little things I used to take for granted. I am thankful to walk through REI because it is an outing away from the house. I am thankful to sneak cookie dough by the spoonful while my kid sleeps. I am really thankful when my husband walks in the door from work. I am overwhelming thankful for God's provision. I am not trying to raise a child while watching him starve or suffer illness.  I am blessed.
2. A New Side of Jess: I love watching Jess interact with JAC. He is silly, kind and fun. This is a special side of Jess that comes out so well through parenting.
3. The Chase: Watching my dog and kid chase each other around in circles in the back yard is hilarious.
4. The Progress: Watching a little person grow up and learn new things is fascinating and painful all at once. I'm so glad I get to be here to witness it.

I hope everyone has a great day. I'm going to go eat cookie dough and pray for patience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home