THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veteran's Day

Good Morning!  Today I am overwhelmingly thankful for our veterans' and their families.  I am also thankful that Jess has the day off.  We are celebrating by taking a Thursday Adventure.  I'll post some pictures later today.

I am also thankful for a family at our church (The Barbours') who feed us dinner every Wednesday night. I should rephrase this. Mrs. Barbour hosts a feast every Wednesday night and we're always invited. It is the highlight of my week. I have decided that some day when we build our dream house I want it to have a really big kitchen table. I never leave the Barbours' hungry and I always feel overwhelmingly loved.

I have decided that Wednesday dinner is perhaps the safest place on earth because every Wednesday three doctors, two social workers, one lawyer, one preacher and a handsome civil engineer are present. That is a quorum. If there is ever a plague rendering us quarantined to our home I want to be at the Barbours.

Finally, here is a short version of my Monday Story. JAC was horrible all weekend and his behavior peaked on Monday. The day was a non-stop violent fit - the behavior so drastic that I was sure JAC was sick. I called the doctor and I called Jess. Jess went to the doctor with me and I was sure JAC was drastically ill. I knew we would leave with a prescription. We did. The doctor said my kid was fine and instead wrote me a prescription to see a counselor. She said "My toddler was stressing me out, and I should talk to someone." It was so entirely embarrassing that I left the doctor and cried and cried.

I have recovered. When I told the story over Wednesday Dinner I was immediately comforted by the social worker and the doctors were indignant. They assured me I was a good mother and not crazy. I love Wednesday Dinner. The End!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home