THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

When I Fell in Love with Bob

Our first jogging stroller cost 40 dollars and was purchased used from Craig's List.  We put over 3,000 miles on that stroller and finally she gave up the ghost.  We decided to consolidate our child movement devices and purchase a stroller-bike trailer combination.  While this decision was based on the best of intentions it did not work out.

JAC hated the bike trailer/jogger and I hated it too. It was hard to maneuver and the handle would frequently fall off. It was prone to jerking wildly all over the trail any time JAC moved an inch. To me the worst offense was that the thing had a mind of its own. You couldn't navigate with just one hand. Instead both hands had to be on the trailer at all times or it was prone to falling off the trail. The necessity for two hand steering made it nearly impossible to reach a nice running pace.

I tried to endure the stupid jogging trailer because I'm cheap and didn't want to buy another stroller. Finally one day I casually mentioned buying a new jogging stroller and Jess jumped at the idea. It turns out he hated that jogging trailer too.

I suggested we stop by REI and test drive strollers. When could then purchase a used one from Craig's List. This turned out to be a big mistake. We tried out a stroller called BOB. BOB was amazing. It was super lite weight and could turn on a dime. It was also super expensive. It was so impressive Jess wanted to just buy it but I insisted we search for a used one first.

It turns out word is out about BOB. They resale better than a Mercedes and are snatched off of Craig's List in less than 5 minutes. BOB lovers are crazy. They even have a fan page on the internet.

After weeks of scouring the Internet for BOB I gave up. This weekend we bought a brand new BOB. I feel all warm and fuzzy just thinking about it. This stroller is awesome. All the neighbors have even stopped to admire it. Yesterday we ran six miles with JAC in BOB and barely broke stride. Jess and I even argue about who's turn it is to push BOB.  This all comes at the perfect time because the weather is lovely.  Its' running weather and JAC and I are off to the trail.

1 Comments:

At September 17, 2010 at 7:56 PM , Blogger Jill said...

I'm jealous.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home