THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Neglect

I neglected the blog last week.  We had a busy Labor Day weekend and the following week I babysat my friends' kids.  Plus, I have been overcome by a dramatic urge to frequently proclaim, "Woe is me!"  I don't know why.  Don't hold it against me.

This weekend we hiked a portion of the Appalachian Trail and went to the drive-in movie. The movie was a virtual wresting match as I spent the duration tackling JAC, putting him in a sleeper hold and begging him to, "sit down and watch the movie!"

It was nearly 10 when the movie ended but JAC was  wide awake when we buckled him into his car-seat. He immediately started demanding his sippy cup which was of course empty and finally I completely lost it. I started throwing stuff and shouting, "Shut up, Shut up, Shut up, You Baby!" I'm not proud and I think my husband was completely stunned. I also think he finally understood that when I said I needed a break from our kid, I meant it. Sunday after church he listed the upcoming football games and then made an announcement. He and JAC would be watching football and I should stay out all afternoon. I did just that and it was awesome.

This is not a ploy for sympathy. Sometimes I get really tired of hearing about perfect things and I just want someone to say, "Occasionally, I totally loose it."

I saved the best part of the story for the end. My stunned husband never held my bad behavior against me. Instead he held my hand the whole way home. His grip was extra firm as if transmitting the message I really wanted to hear - "It's OK, we're in this together.

2 Comments:

At September 14, 2010 at 6:01 AM , Blogger Leigh T said...

Sometimes, I totally loose it.


There.


I love how Jess loves you! I am thankful for your man, and that he is showing another little man how to take care of a woman.

 
At September 14, 2010 at 12:01 PM , Blogger Jesse, Toni and JAC said...

Thanks Leigh! I am always very thankful for him too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home