THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Gosh Darn It!

My kid refuses to nap and I want to cry.  I need my kid to nap.  I need 1.5 hours of silence in my house every day.  I still lock him in his room for an hour to "rest" but I think he chooses not to embrace the literal translation of this word.  When I put JAC in his room to "rest" a wild loud ruckus follows. Ug...That's all I have to say about that.

There is not much going on around here this week. I really wish we had glamorous holiday weekend plans. I feel like taking an unplanned adventure. Hurricane Earl will likely hit the east coast this weekend. Here in DC we are only expecting wind but there is a secret part of me that wants to take the family to the beach and watch rain and enormous waves. This same part of me loves tornadoes.

Since I have nothing to say I'll leave you with a delicious recipe for ginger snaps. My husband swore he hated ginger snaps and then ate 12 of these so I think they're alright. I loved them. Let me know what you think.

4.5 cups flour
4 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons baking soda
1.5 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1.5 cup shortening (not butter...crisco)
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup molasses
Mix these up. Roll in sugar. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Cool and eat half a dozen with a cup of coffee or a glass of wine...or maybe a shot of tequila if you day was really rough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home