THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Friday, July 9, 2010

Friday Adventure

JAC and I just returned from a great adventure. We're both hot and sweaty but it was well worth it. I combined my run with our adventure again this week. We went and ran along the C&O Canal and made a stop by Great Falls, MD. This is one of my favorite spots near D.C. While we've been there many times before, I always see something new and it never fails to impress me.

The C&O Canal was the brainchild of George Washington. He thought the canal would increase river commerce along the Potomac. The canal flopped economically, but the remaining tow path and scenic waterway create a great place to go on a long run.

When I planned this adventure I thought seeing the falls would be the highlight. I enjoyed the falls but climbing the on the rocks along the trail seemed most interesting to JAC. He climbed for almost an hour and I was very impressed. My kid seemed like a virtual mountain goat.

I have missed the mountains all week. While this trail isn't in the mountains it reminded me of the mountains and that will have to do for now. Happy Friday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home