THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Bed Time

Jess left almost a week ago and to his credit, JAC has been on his best behavior.  He has been sweet and charming.  It has made my job much easier.

Unfortunately, bedtime has gotten progressively worse. JAC has begun to cry inconsolable when I put him in his crib. Typically JAC goes to bed without a fight but his wailing was so alarming that tonight I thought he had injured himself.

I went into his room to check on him. JAC was standing in his crib, tears streaming down his face and it finally dawned on me. When Jess is home he always puts JAC in bed. They have a night time ritual of wrestling, and story reading. Jess finishes the job by wrapping JAC tightly in his blankets and calling him a "JAC Burrito." I secretly listen to this nightly routine from the top of the stairs and it never fails to make me smile.

I took one look at JAC tonight and I knew what was wrong. He was a disappointed kid waiting for his dad to come home. It broke my heart a bit. I hugged him, gave him some chocolate milk and read him his dinosaur book. Finally he went to sleep.

JAC's a good kid with a great Dad. I know when he sees him in a couple of weeks he'll be infinitely happy. I know I'll feel the same way.

4 Comments:

At July 16, 2010 at 10:00 PM , Blogger Jill said...

That was a really sweet post. I'm glad JAC has such a good daddy!! I hope these next couple of weeks fly by for y'all.

 
At July 17, 2010 at 6:26 AM , Blogger Leigh T said...

Thank God for good daddys! Jess deserves something wonderful for making the little moments count. I know you are excited and anxious to see him again. You are in my prayers as you wait and hold down the fort. Love you!

 
At July 17, 2010 at 7:54 AM , Blogger Jesse, Toni and JAC said...

Jess is a really great dad. Thanks for all of the encouragement.

 
At July 28, 2010 at 8:33 PM , Blogger Leigh T said...

So when will your handsome hubby be home?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home