THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Worst

I have listed my favorite parts of motherhood before. Here are my least favorite parts.

1. Complete Isolation: We try to spice up our daily routine. We go to mom's groups or to the park. Nevertheless we still spend a lot of time alone. The feeling of isolation can become overwhelming. I always carry my phone just in case another human wants to talk to us during the day.

2. Communication: Desperately trying to figure out what a little person who can't talk yet is attempting to communicate is very frustrating.

3. When the Backup Needs Backup: Hypothetically when you're at the end of your parenting rope your spouse will take over. Unfortunately it never fails that you both reach the end of your ropes at the same moment. Both parents want to sleep in on a weekend or your husband comes home from work sick.

4. Laundry: It never ever ends. I sometimes imagine our dirty clothes procreate and multiply spontaneously in the wash room.

5. Sometimes I just don't like my child. I'm sure he sometimes feels the same way about me. I feel very guilty about this.

7. Sick Kids: My little guys is feeling bad. I hate helplessly watching him suffer. I always want to cuddle him when he feels bad but he typically hates this.

8. Losing Your Favorite Hobbies: You just can't Kayak with a wiggly 18th month old. This week I am majorly in the mood for a road trip. Unfortunately JAC doesn't share my enthusiasm for long car rides.

9. The Spectrum: There is a very wide spectrum of what is considered acceptable parenting. Lots of people have strong opinions on the subject.

10. Your Abs: They'll never be exactly the same post-baby. You just have to embrace it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home