THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Tuesday Post

Today is Tuesday. I am watching my kid drink bathwater and hoping he didn't pee in it first. I like watching him play in the water and I like not having to chase him for a few minutes.

Our day has not stopped moving. I took JAC to a different running trail. The trail starts by the airport and I knew he would enjoy watching the airplanes while we ran. It was brutally hot and my legs felt like lead. We haven't run on this trail since last year. I don't know if I looked especially tired or if people were just feeling nice but everyone who passed us cheered me on. They said, "Looking fine momma," and "You're doing great - that's a heavy load." I absolutely love encouragement and will do almost anything with a little praise.

After shopping at Target we stopped in a Rosslyn park to hear some live entertainment and meet Jess and my friend Jayna for lunch. One of the things I love most about having a kid is trying out all the free things our community has too offer. It feels a bit like a treasure hunt.

Yesterday I mowed the lawn. I'm chagrined to admit that we hadn't mowed it for a month. Our yard had transformed into a virtual jungle. It took over two hours to mow it and I think I've learned my lesson.

We're heading to the baseball game tonight. I'm hoping to get to watch Stephen Strasburg pitch. I've got a bunch of pictures to post but my legs are tired from all that mowing and running. I don't feel like going upstairs to get them. Happy Tuesday Friends!

2 Comments:

At June 22, 2010 at 8:25 PM , Blogger Jill said...

Wow, you are busy!! I have been crazy lately and have missed reading your blog...But it's fun catching up. Oh, and chances are that Jac had already peed in the water!!

 
At June 22, 2010 at 8:31 PM , Blogger Sara said...

Yes!! The most exciting part of this post is Seeing Strasburg pitch!! Yay!! I'm happy, but P will be even more so!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home