THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Baby Jogger


It is Saturday and it is drill weekend which means I am all alone. Please feel free to call and sympathize. My usual running buddy is off serving his time and I'm stuck pushing the baby jogging stroller on our usual Saturday morning run.

Don't worry. I'm used to this. We purchased our baby jogger for 30 bucks off of Craig's List and I've likely pushed that thing over 2,000 miles. Here are the best things about pushing a baby jogger:

1. Skimpy Clothes: When it gets blistering hot in DC I can where the skimpiest jogging attire around. No guy will be checking me out. The moment a guy glances your way he will spy the stroller and look away. Pushing a baby jogger is not hot.

2. The Ego Boost: I love passing a burly tattooed runner while pushing our baby jogger. I instantly feel fast and secretly hope I've demoralized the other guy.

3. Buff Arms: Virginia has hills - lots of hills. Push a 30 pound kid up a couple of those hills and you've got an instant arm workout.

4. The Head Nod: When you meet another baby jogger on the running trail you both kind of nod. It's that silent recognition that you totally understand.

5. Entertainment: Who needs and IPOD when you have a wild child sitting in front of you? JAC can be a total goofball in the stroller. To be honest I kind of miss him when I'm running solo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home