THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Running Ramblings...

Have I mentioned how much I love my running shoes? I used to sprain my ankles all of the time. I typically run on the outside edges of my feet and the natural result of my unnatural running form was sprained ankles. Then, I bought some ridiculously expensive Mizuno Running Shoes. They have been worth every penny.

The running trail was absolutely packed this weekend. JAC and I both love it when the trail is busy but for different reasons. I love if for the same reason I love tourist season in DC. I just love to see other people enjoying the things I love. JAC likes it when the trail is busy because there is a slew of joggers and bicyclists who wave at him.

Sometimes when I run I pray. I think the repetitive motion lends itself to deep contemplation. Often my best praying and thinking is done while running.

It is really humid here this week. The weather man described it as, "Air you can wear." I miss Albuquerque. It's never humid there.

I've got dead legs again. Runners know this phenomenon. I seem to get it every year around this time. My legs just feel tired. It's like I've hit a plateau. In running world if you hit a plateau you typically need to add an opposite exercise. For instance, if you are a distance runner you need to do some sprinting.

Have I told you I really hate sprinting? I hold a deep belief that distance runners and sprinters are two totally different animals and rarely get along with each other.

I'm about 90% sure that I'm going to run a half marathon in Sept. I was kind of hoping to find a running buddy. Most of my previous running buddies have left the country. I hope I didn't drive them away.

That's it. Happy Trails to You.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home