THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Friday, June 11, 2010

Significant Events

When I run into old co-workers they always ask, "What is new with you?" Part of me is grateful that they think I might still be cool. Another part of me wants to laugh because there is never anything new with me. Here are the highlights of my mundane week.

My microwave caught on fire. I know I should be upset but I enjoyed every minute of the excitement. I now have a burned out microwave sitting on my curb.

My kid has started doing this crazy thing. When I unbuckle his car seat he launches himself out the door. The first time he did this I wasn't ready and almost dropped him. I think his attempts at flight indicate his future status as a superhero.

I've cooked some great recipes this week to include a delicious cherry glazed pork tenderloin and a some yummy mini lemon cakes.

The weather was awesome for two complete days. Now it is rainy but for two days I basked in the sun.

That's about it. What's new in your life?

2 Comments:

At June 13, 2010 at 11:22 AM , Blogger Quinn said...

Toni, I love how the craziest things happen...your microwave caught fire? How does that happen unless you put metal objects in there? Is there more to this story?

Anyways, I'm in Curitiba now watching the World Cup and enjoying a break from the oppressive Miami heat. Talk to you guys soon!

 
At June 14, 2010 at 10:19 AM , Blogger Jesse, Toni and JAC said...

Quinn!!! I'm so happy to hear from you. The microwave suffered an electrical short which resulted in fire. I generally have bad luck with small appliances. Last year my blow dryer shot flames at my head after a similar electrical issue. I suspected this might happen and narrowly missed burning off my hair.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home