THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Celebrate...

Jess has guard duty once a month and JAC and I are left to our own devices. He's a brave man to leave us alone. We're two animals of the same kind and likely to get into some trouble.

I used to mope when Jess was out of town but now I attempt to celebrate. Saturday morning JAC slept and I both slept in exhausted from a night of wild square dancing. When we both finally crawled out of bed I took one look at JAC and knew we needed an adventure. We headed to the Air Show.

Feel free to judge us. I know Air Shows might be considered dorky but I love planes and helicopters of all types. I'm pretty sure JAC does too.

The Air Show was at Andrew's Air Force Base so we first had to drive to end of the metro, park and catch a shuttle on base. I now have a firm belief that the armed forces should run TSA. Every person had to have their bags checked and go through a metal detector. Despite thousands of people we were through security in a mere five minutes. It was one efficient process.

When we arrived at the show JAC and I walked around checking out the different aircraft. I was very impressed but JAC seemed most interested in the puddles until the helicopter show started. I love helicopters. Someday I want to learn to fly a helicopter and the show was amazing. Four helicopters streaked by doing well coordinated aerial stunts.

Next we watched the Golden Knight parachuting team. They landed perfectly every time. I also learned that there are females on the team. That has got to be one of the coolest jobs on earth.

JAC and I had a great time. JAC was such a little trooper. He probably walked over a mile checking out the aircraft and events. He even skinned his knee but ripped the band aides off immediately disgusted. He was way too tough for band aides. He's such a cool kid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home