THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Mom


I had a fantastic Mother's Day. I'll write about it later but my husband never ceases to amaze me with his thoughtfulness.

Our mom's have a dynamic impact on our lives and not a day goes by when I don't remember something great about my mom. I didn't want to keep all those great things to myself so I'm sharing a few great pieces of advice that my mom has given me over the years.

1. If you have to work alway buy yourself a little something - lipstic, a five dollar clearance shirt - on payday so you won't forget why you're working.

2. If you don't feel like running but you really need to because you're feeling blue or rapidly gaining weight due to gluttony, just take the first step off the curb. If you make it around the block and still feel bad you can then quit.

3. If you have to doing something unpleasant like give blood, imagine a happy place. Think of every detail. Concentrate on this happy place for the duration of the unhappy event.

4. Most recipes call for you to first mix the dry ingredient in one bowl and then mix the wet ingredients in another before combining. Instead first mix the wet ingredients in a big bowl and add the dry ingredients to the wet. It will save you from washing an extra bowl.

5. Great literature will transport you. My mom taught me how to use the library and introduced me to great books including, No Country for Old Men and the The Great Gasby.

Happy Post Mother's Day. I'm am so thankful for my Dynamic, Complex, Kind, Wonderful Mom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home