THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Pick Your Label

I'm a registered Democrat. My husband is a registered Republican. Truthfully, this means almost nothing in our household. We would both much rather belong to the coffee party than the Tea Party. We like to drink our coffee slowly and chat about ideas and listen. The longer I live in D.C the more I wish there was a movement called Get Along rather than Move On.

If you haven't figured it out yet, I don't really fit in the current Democratic party. I'm not impassioned. I'm not on the edge of left. I found this interesting quiz. If you're looking for a label for your political beliefs take the quiz. It didn't tell me anything new but it was an interesting exercise.
http://www.nolanchart.com/survey.php

I'm mildly dismayed how unhappy many people seem. It does feel like much of the country is divided on the extremes with neither side seeing any value in the views of the other. I'm not sure what to say about this. Personally, I believe a political label does not create an identity and happiness will never be found in passion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home