THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Finally...




I'm finally getting around to writing about Mother's Day. It was a perfect day. It was also a perfect weekend.

I tend to be a little selfish about my special days. If I could celebrate my birthday for a month, I would. Luckily, I married Jess. Jess is a hopeless romantic who doesn't have a selfish bone in his body.

I knew exactly what I wanted for Mother's day. I wanted to go for a run, eat buckwheat pancakes at Mancinni's and receive flowers from the grocery store. I was so determined to get my way that I kind of forced it on everyone else. I barked and ordered until the clan was out the door for our run. I forced everyone to eat brunch at Mancini's sweaty because if we took the time to shower brunch might be over. Jess patiently obliged me and even trudged through an antique store with me post brunch. After brunch I bailed on the guys and did some recreational shopping.

On Sunday I had nursery duty at church and I pouted. In protest I refused to dress up and instead wore jeans to church. Jess was patient as I ranted about how much I hate nursery duty. He knew he had a special surprise planned for me.

When we got home from church we put JAC in bed for a nap and Jess started poring through my cookbooks. He had decided he was going to make me Sunday dinner and he went all out. It wasn't an easy feat because my cookbooks are ancient. I had to explain what Oleo was. We were also entirely out of food in the house but it didn't phase Jess one bit. He headed out to the grocery store list in hand. When he returned he brought me flowers and had JAC give them to me. Then he banished me to the living room and started cooking his surprise.

He made and appetizer. He made chicken and asparagus with a creamy sauce for the main course. He finished it off with a chocolate banana cream pie that was absolutely fantastic. He even did the dishes. I felt so special. It really was the perfect mother's day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home