THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Friday, March 5, 2010

Packing

I am busy packing. With a Chemistry testing looming and my mental capacity shrinking, Jess and I decided I should get away for a day. I haven't decided exactly where I'm going. I don't want to drive too far but I do plan on staying in a hotel with a pool, going on a couple of walks by myself and sleeping in. In the middle of all of that I will be trying to force my brain to remember minute facets of chemistry.

This will be my first full day away from JAC since my mom came in the fall. It will also be Jess' first over night alone with JAC. When we first concocted this plan I thought my heart couldn't handle it. It took me almost a year to become really attached to JAC but now I have to resist an urge to sleep by his door at night. I'm pretty crazy about this crazy kid.

This afternoon am surrendering JAC's baby clothes to a teen mom who could really use them. I'll spend the morning packing them up. I've been avoiding this chore. I have never counted myself among the sentimental but somehow these tiny items of babyhood leaving our house seem to indicate an end of a season.

As I sort and fold, I feel as if we have summarily dismissed babyhood and ushered in toddler hood. I'm excited for a new stage and partially heartbroken that I nearly missed the last stage amidst the chaos in my mind.

I'll spend the weekend trying to learn how to breath again. I'll try not to worry. I'll try to think of this as one more step forward in a great adventure. Happy Friday!

1 Comments:

At March 5, 2010 at 6:56 AM , Blogger Quinn said...

Rachel will be thrilled to know you're helping somebody else out with the baby clothes...will pass the news along!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home