THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Monday, March 1, 2010

The Holy Grail

I love data. I like collecting data. I comparing data. I like organizing data. I even take our bank statements and create pie charts indicating how we spend our money.

My favorite kind of data is information about why people do the things they do. Yesterday I found my Holy Grail. The US Census Bureau releases something called the Statistical Abstract. It details stats on a dizzying array of subjects. You can click on the education category and find out if more men or more women graduate college. You can click on the health category and find out which state has the most uninsured residents - California followed by Texas. Here's the link:

Have you ever heard that, "Opposites Attract?" Jess and I have never never thought we fit that mold. We always think we are very similar personality types. When he came home and I excitedly showed him the Statistical Abstract he said, "Great, now I'm not going to get any work done." I love this man. I hope your day is statistically better than average.

1 Comments:

At March 2, 2010 at 7:49 AM , Blogger Leigh T said...

Thank you for all the posts. I just sat down, taking a break from packing boxes, and had my toni-post fill. I love how you write, and what you write. Thank you! Hug everyone at your house for me. Loveyou girl.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home