THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Biscuits

Yesterday I posted a depressing story of woe. Today I am determined to share some levity. I made cookies yesterday and they were delicious. I think cookies are my all time favorite dessert. In the UK they call cookies biscuits and they're a favorite teatime snack.

Researchers in the UK recently revealed millions of Britons have been injured by their biscuits. Injuries include being scalded by daring dunking in tea, poking yourself in the eye with a cookie or being bitten by a dog while teasing it with a cookie. The study reported 28% of Britons have choked on cookie crumbs while 10% reported chipping a tooth on a cookie. Who knew the hidden hazards of the cookie?

Cookie dough makes life much more bearable and so does those moments when your child is unexpectedly nice. I always complain that JAC really isn't very cuddly. He's a bundle of dynamite and never stops moving.

Last week JAC woke up from his nap and we went upstairs to the kitchen. JAC was running around looking for trouble and I didn't exactly share in his enthusiasm. Instead I decided to lie spread eagle on the kitchen floor and stare at the ceiling. JAC ran around for a few minutes and then sat down on the floor, scooted over to me and lay his head on my arm. For five minutes we both just lied there staring at the ceiling and were glad we were with each other.

1 Comments:

At January 19, 2010 at 4:29 PM , Blogger Leigh T said...

Thanks for the sweet post - and I'm glad your post from yesterday was followed by a happier chapter. Thank you for letting all of us in on your life; you are so brave!! Call me, I'm home alone!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home