THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Potato Soup


My husband thinks he's Irish. One day I looked up the name Connelly and it said it had Scottish origins. When I told my husband he didn't believe me but I think he really just likes to have an excuse to celebrate St. Patrick's Day.


My sort-of Irish husband loves Potato Soup. I love it too because it is the easiest, cheapest and fastest meal you'll ever make. Here are the directions:


7 peeled, cubed Idaho potatoes

1 can of evaporated milk

2 teaspoons salt

1 dash black pepper

1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder


Put the potatoes in pot and completely cover with water. Bring to boil. Let boil for approximately 6 minutes and then simmer until the potatoes are soft. Do not drain water. Mush potatoes with a potato masher. Add seasonings to taste. Add evaporated milk and let simmer for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.


We like to garnish our soup with green onions, chopped ham, sour cream and cheese.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home