THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Friday, January 15, 2010

Something I'm Crazy About






Our Church has been in the middle of a renovation that never seems to end. Like most church renovations the project depends largely on volunteer labor and I have a chronic desire to volunteer. You would think my time in the military would have broken me of that. Luckily Jess never seems to mind my frequent willingness to volunteer us for things.

One of the rooms in the church was just re-drywalled and I heard they needed someone to sand and paint. This sounded easy enough so of course I volunteered. When we showed up we were surprised how much sanding and painting this room really needed.

After an hour of sanding the old fashioned way my husband showed up with the greatest thing I have ever seen. He purchased a power sander. As I write the word power sander my heart flutters a bit. Jess offered to let me try it first. I attached the sand paper, turned it on and almost instantly fell in love - the vibration, the power, the dust flying in my face - I loved it all. I wouldn't even give Jess a turn to try it out. I just kept sanding.
I am crazy about power tools. I came home and looked around our house for other things that might need sanding. Sadly I didn't find any but I think I might have found a good reason to buy a scroll saw.

Here's some pictures to prove my power sanding proficiency. As you can tell I take sanding very seriously.

1 Comments:

At January 18, 2010 at 6:44 PM , Blogger Leigh T said...

Add that to your resume!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home