THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

When You Know What You Want....

My kid loves to eat. All food brings him great pleasure and he can be very demanding about it. On Sunday we hosted potluck. The food was delicious. Luckily, JAC slept through potluck so I got to eat in peace. When it was time to clean up JAC was wide awake so I put him in his high chair.

A few weeks ago we discovered Gerber Cereal Bites. JAC loves the banana flavor and it is a non-messy food that I can drop on his tray when I'm in a hurry. I dropped a mound of cereal bites on his tray and started cleaning the kitchen. I was happy he was occupied eating.

A few minutes later I turned around a got a glimpse of something that caught my breath. JAC had climbed out of his highchair. He was precariously perched with one foot on the top of his highchair, one foot on the window ledge, clinging to my kitchen curtains. I know highchairs have safety belts but he broke loose. This is not an ordinary child. This is a WILD child.

What inspired JAC's scaling of the highchair? I'm sure part of it was an effort to get my attention but mainly JAC had run out of cereal bites. He had eaten them all and on the widow ledge sat the container of cereal bites just beckoning him. This is a kid who knows what he wants.

1 Comments:

At November 17, 2009 at 6:52 PM , Blogger Leigh T said...

Hmmm.... wonder where he gets it? :) Cheerios came out with a fruity flavor (kind of like healthier fruit loops) and those are a big hit too! I kept some in my diaper bag and wouldn't let myself touch it until I had exhausted all other efforts of entertainment; it was a guaranteed 10 minutes of PEACE. Can't wait to hear about your potluck. Sorry I missed your call today; we were in Amarillo all day with doc visits. Let's visit this week!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home