THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Turkey Day

JAC and I have been busy getting ready for Turkey Day. We've been cleaning and cooking all day. I am so Thankful that my sweet sister-in- law Lady is flying in a day early to help with all of the preparations. Here's the menu:

1. Bob the Turkey: I named him since we'll be spending so much time together.
2. Cornbread Dressing. This is stuffing if you're a Yankee.
3. Mashed Potatoes
4. Mashed Sweet potatoes with brown sugar and pecans
5. Marinated Vegetable salad
6. Dried cherry, almond, green apple, and baby green salad. My friend Cathy gave me this recipe and it is awesome. That woman should quit her day job and start a cooking blog.
7.Pretzel and Jello Salad. This is a Midwest classic that is absolutely delightful. My friend Cate got the recipe from her mother-in-law.
8. Hawaiian Rolls
9. Cranberry Relish. I hate cranberry sauce from a can.

10. Bohemian Coffee Cake. I can't make this recipe without thinking of my great grandma. We called her Tutu.
11. Pecan Pie
12. Pumpkin Carmel Cheesecake with ginger snap crust
13.Cranberry Walnut Bread

I haven't even started cooking most of this stuff and I still need to clean out the car and scrub the kitchen floor. I should get busy. If you live in the DC area and need a place to go for Turkey Day please stop by our house. There will be plenty of food and great people who will treat you like family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home