THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Monday, November 23, 2009

Order

I had the nicest day today. Its Monday and my biology lab was cancelled but I didn't cancel my babysitter. Instead, I went to Target and looked at lipstick for half an hour. JAC hates looking at lipstick. I also spent another half hour debating which air mattress to buy and I'm sure JAC would have loudly protested my indecisiveness. I finished my Target trip off by eating a personal pan pizza that I didn't have to share with anyone. I'm sure that made it twice as delicious.

This morning I opened my dishwasher and was reminded of yet another reason why I love my husband. Jess is orderly. Last night while I made Thai Salad for Jess to take to his office potluck Jess did the dishes. When I do dishes they are typically thrown in in haste but Jess neatly places them in perfect rows. Later in the day I was once again reminded of Jess' fondness for order. I decided to clean JAC's room because typically he is napping while I am cleaning and his room is never cleaned. When I got out the vacuum cleaner the cord was perfectly wrapped in a figure eight. It was as if Jess had left his signature on the vacuum.

When I got done cleaning I grabbed the mail and found the nicest surprise. My awesome friend Leigh had sent me a card. Leigh is the friend I have known the longest. She lives in Hereford, Texas and has two wild kids of her own but she remembered that getting mail is probably one of my favorite things in the whole world. She sent me a card of encouragement, since I'm cooking Thanksgiving this week. Thanks Leigh! I am privileged to have her as a friend. Also, thanks to her son Ben for his original artwork included in the card. It made my day brighter.

1 Comments:

At November 23, 2009 at 5:25 PM , Blogger Leigh T said...

Well we love you! Glad you got the card. It made me laugh in the aisle so I hoped you would laugh too. I know you'll have a great week, a wonderful holiday. Wish I we're your next door neighbor to help you this week then host a cup of coffee so you can tell me all the news. Love you girl! Happy Thanksgiving!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home