THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Blindness







I know I've mentioned before that without my glasses I really can't see anything. This has distinct advantages. For instance I often don't realize my bathtub is dirty because I can't wear my glasses in the shower. It also has some disadvantages that you might not think about. For the first 9 years of my life I hated nature. I just couldn't figure out what the fuss was about. Why did my parents keep dragging us on camping trips? Why did we go on Sunday drives just to stare out the window? When I finally got my first pair of glasses I remember being absolutely astounded at how cool a tree looked. Before all I saw was a green blob but with my glasses I could actually see distinct leaves. From about that point on I became a big nature lover and luckily married a guy who loves it as much as I do. When we ask each other what we should do on the weekend the reply is typically the same. "Let's Do Something Outside." Here's a picture from your trip to Yellowstone. The leaves are changing here and they are gorgeous. I'll post pictures of that soon too.

2 Comments:

At October 23, 2009 at 3:16 PM , Blogger Jill said...

You went to Yellowstone? Ahem, this is me ticked...Did you forget that I live in Montana and just might want to come meet up with you???? That's like me posting, "This is me shaking hands with Barack Obama on the White House lawn." But forgetting to call Toni!!! OK, so to be honest, Yellowstone is like 8 hours away and I probably wouldn't have been able to come anyway, but still, I'm gonna be dramatic. Didn't you love it, though?! It's Beautiful!

Also, what's funny, every single thing you wrote about being blind is ditto for me. The leaves, the shower, boring drives....

 
At October 23, 2009 at 5:30 PM , Blogger Jesse, Toni and JAC said...

Hahahaha! That is hilarious. I'm so glad I'm not the only blind one around. Over a year ago but I still miss it. I miss what is free about the Mountains. You're right I should have called. I don't really have an excuse. I was really overwhelmed. I definetly want to go back. How about this? We'll come back soon and I'll plan to crash at your house for a night and our kids can play together. Do you like how I just invited myself? Miss you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home