THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Speed vs. Grit

Today I was out for my daily run and I was reminded of two things. First, I was reminded of how much I had missed my daily run while the stroller was in the shop. I guess I am a bit hooked on the daily endorphin high. Secondly, I was reminded of how much I hate bicyclists.

D.C has lots of "multi-use" trails that are frequented by bicyclists and joggers alike. I have noticed that there seems to be an unspoken animosity between these two groups similar to the feelings between skiers and snowboarders. I generally wish bicyclists would just get off the trail. I feel the sport is entirely too spandex laden. Really, unless you are competing in the Tour de France I doubt full body spandex is necessary or recommended for most of the public. I also feel that bicyclists tend to pass runners with the speed and directional abilities of a wisker-less cat with its tail on fire. One day an over eager bicyclists even ran over my poor dog's paw while passing on the wrong side of the trail.

While I don't think bicyclists are bad people I do think they are different from runners. As a runner I feel the sport is gritty and gutsy. Bicycling is for weenies. You can disagree if you'd like but do me a favor and slow down a bit when you pass us on the trail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home