THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Why I Love My Husband

I have lots of single friends and it seems like at least once a week I am asked questions like, "Do I still love my husband?" I know part of this stems from curiosity about our age difference. I also know this is sometimes a product of people wary from their own parent's divorces and wondering if marriage is really "worth it." I have spent some time formulating an answer to this question and here it is.

I love my husband very much. One of the things I love most about him is that he is always proud of me and has an infinite belief in my abilities. When I decided to go back to school many people discouraged me because it will take me so long to finish. Jess jumped on the cause telling me that "I was going to be a great physical therapist," and trying to help out with JAC so I could study. He is my biggest fan and always in my corner.

My husband has a really big heart and loves helping other people. If someone needs assistance Jess is eager to help. This is different from someone who feels obligated to help. Jess truly wants to help. He has even sacrificed many weekends to help friends move. A few of them were even buddies from my office he had never met. I hope JAC can be half as thoughtful as his Dad.

Jess loves a great adventure. He's willing to make an ordinary dinner out more interesting by secretly ordering for each other so our food will be a surprise. When he came home on leave from Iraq I said I wanted to go kayaking. As we drove to the local river to kayak he changed the plan and we drove 5 hours to the beach instead. We didn't even have extra clothes or tooth brushes.

These are just a few reasons I love my husband. The list is much longer but I'm proud of him and I'm really glad he picked me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home