THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Things I Really Hate...

I hate asking for help. I hate being told I can't do something and I hate asking for money. This week I will be making and exception to that final statement. I will be sending out letters of solicitation to my friends and family. A few months ago JAC and I committed to running the Marine Corps Marathon. We're raising money for the Yellow Ribbon Fund and we've been hard at work training. JAC and I run together every morning and most evenings we do an extra run when Jess comes home. We also have a great group of girls we do long runs with. Yesterday I ran 12.5 miles and every week the mileage increases.

I have a great support team. Jess is nice enough to keep JAC when I need to do long runs and he is very encouraging. He calls me his "Marathon Girl," and yesterday he and JAC came out to the run route after their run and cheered, "Go Mommy."

We have 100 days until the marathon and I have a goal of raising at least 300 dollars for the Yellow Ribbon Fund. This is a great organization that helps the families of wounded soldiers. They provide many of the services that government doesn't provide such as cab rides to and from doctors appointments for the families. I know that views about the war vary greatly but I hope you can sympathize with the struggles these families face on a daily basis. Every little bit of money we raise will help and I promise to keep you updated on our running progress.

www.yellowribbonfund.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home