THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

You Might Be Former Military If:

Today I was out on my run and realized I have been completely brainwashed by my military training. I have been out of the military for over six month yet it still has lingering effects. If you are former/current/military or a military spouse you'll sympathize with the following list.

You might be former military if:

1. You have tried to teach your child and your dog how to low crawl.
2. You still singing running cadences on your daily jog.
3. You still write your dates backwards and sometimes can't remember how to do it the "normal" way.
4. When your spouse doesn't retrieve the correct groceries you tell him, "You have failed to execute the mission."
5. You end phone conversations with the words, "Roger, tracking or out."
6. In recounting your day for your spouse everything is in military time. For instance, "Our child made a gigantic poo at 0900.
7. You're obsessed with ironing things that really don't require ironing
8. You own a can of Brasso
9. You refer to your baby as, "The Screaming Patriot."
10. You practice airborne jumps with your 6 month old. Jess has taught JAC to put his feet and knees together before landing. Its the Airborne way.
11. You can't figure out why the other people in the airport won't "Walk with a purpose."

I'm sure there's more I could add to this list but its getting late and I have a big test to study for so I should get some rest.

Have a great Thursday.

1 Comments:

At July 1, 2009 at 11:48 PM , Blogger Shanell said...

Fabian was in the Army for 6 years. We got a kick out of this one!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home