THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

In Training and I Need Some Help

JAC and I are currently in training. I'm not referring to our marathon training but instead sleep training. At our six month check up our pediatrician suggested it was time to start training JAC how to sleep through the night. The process is really pretty simple. When he wakes up in the middle of the night instead of feeding him I let him cry. I repeat this process for five nights and JAC should be trained. We are currently on night three and I'm about to fall over I'm so exhausted. JAC is an unusual kid and he definitely knows what he wants. He wants to eat. My refusal to feed him at three in the morning results in hours of screaming. I stumble in every fifteen minutes, stroke his head, give him his pacifier, assure him he won't die and cry out to God that my child will go to sleep. It is painful but supposedly in his best interest.

JAC is a little over six months old and I'm sure he's a little bored. I am admittedly not a "baby person." Part of me really looks forward to when JAC is older and we can play ball and do things that make sense to me. I need some help. What do you do with a six month old? Does anyone have any ideas for games that he might enjoy?

2 Comments:

At July 7, 2009 at 2:19 PM , Blogger Jill said...

This might sound terrible, but Baby Einstein videos saved my life for a while. I only let him watch one once a day, but it was still 20-30 minutes to do whatever I needed. Jake's favorites are the ones with puppets, mainly Baby Mozart, Baby Bach, and Baby Bethoven. Also, do you have a Johnny jump up? He might like that. Walks/runs are always good, but you already know that. Also maybe just go through and talk about different objects in your house and tell him what they are and what they do. Jake loves looking at pictures in photo albums and I tell him who everyone is. Are you registered on Babycenter.com? If not you should, they have all kinds of suggestions for everything. Good luck and hang in there. He'll sleep soon!!!

 
At July 9, 2009 at 6:20 AM , Blogger Leigh T said...

Yes, I agree with Jill on baby einstein videos and babycenter.com. Those are great resources. At 6 months we took lots of baths too, the water is great and fun to play in with bubbles, kitchen utensils, etc. Play music, sing songs, give him new things to touch/chew. Set your times for 20 minutes and force yourself to be silly and entertain him; after a "mommy session" you may find that he entertains himself for a bit. You're doing a great job - hang in there because fun times are coming! May you be blessed with the sleep training thing; I really hope he gets it together soon!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home