THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

26

Yesterday I turned 26 which means I am now closer to 30 than I am to 20. This year on my birthday Jess and I had to take JAC in for a small procedure. It really wasn't a big deal but they had to put JAC under general anesthesia for about an hour. I was really nervous and very glad Jess was there with me. As expected the procedure was quick and there were no complications but JAC was in a bad mood all day. He spent the entire day crying inconsolably. I think the anesthesia made his tummy hurt. Anesthesia always makes me sick as a dog. Jess and I spent an exhausting day trying to help JAC feel better.

I was really thankful that Jess was there. Jess is an amazing husband and despite everything going on he didn't forget it was my birthday. He brought home Olive Garden take out for dinner. We rented a movie and watched it together, snuggled on the couch holding JAC. Jess and my mom also bought me new running clothes. Running clothes are my favorite present to get because I love them but I wouldn't spend my own money on them. I tried them out today and I'm pretty sure the new clothes made me faster. Despite the swampy heat we went on an extra long run and had enough energy to do some sprints at the end. I am also happy to report that JAC seems to have fully recovered today and has been crawling all over the place.

1 Comments:

At July 22, 2009 at 3:00 PM , Blogger Jill said...

I'm glad that sweet boy is feeling better. Happy (belated) Birthday!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home