THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Hybrids

http://www.usnews.com/articles/science/2009/05/12/pesky-fire-ants-becoming-zombies-that-die.html?loomia_ow=t0:s0:a41:g2:r5:c0.040769:b24457636:z0&s_cid=loomia:panel-votes-to-outlaw-human-animal-hybrids

http://www.usnews.com/articles/science/2009/05/12/panel-votes-to-outlaw-human-animal-hybrids.html

Most of my blog readers know that I have recently become a science geek. I love science. I think it is fascinating but I also love how it leads to the creation of random things. Previously my blog discussed the sports bra that powers your Ipod based on the amount of jiggle. (I doubt I'd get enough power to make it through a song.) Today I have two more random results of science to discuss.

Recently the Louisiana legislature made it illegal to create animal/ human hybrids. I'm sure this has been a pressing concern of yours. The country is in recession, the health care bill is under debate but have you ever stopped to worry about Pegasus, or perhaps a mermaid taking over? Louisianans were so concerned they made the creation of these hybrids punishable by up to ten years of jail time.

Finally, I found this story for my brother Jason who is scared of only one thing in life - Zombies. Jason, they do exist. Texas researchers have found a way to combat fire ants. Fire ants are a particularly bad problem in Texas. These aggressive ants do 1 billion dollars of damage annually but researchers now have a solution. There is a tiny fly that will dive bomb the ants, lay their eggs. The larva hatches inside the ant and proceeds to eat its brain. The ant will then wander around for three weeks without a brain before dying.

Isn't science awesome? If you don't believe me check out the links above.

www.jesseandtoniconnelly.blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home