THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Monday, March 23, 2009

Hiding Bracketts

Well friends and family, I am ashamed to admit it but I am hiding from my baby. I spent an excruciatingly long Monday listening to him scream and trying everything I could to remedy whatever the cause might be. I have fed him ( I think 5 times but I'm too tired to remember). I have changed him. I have sung to him. I have attempted to play with him. I have moved his legs back in forth. I have cuddled him, rocked him and finally cried and now for the next 15 minutes I have given up, and I'm sitting in the basement where the sound of the crying is more muffled. I have read other mothers' blogs, myspace and facebook pages and have found the never ending goo of motherhood happiness nauseating. Today I have decided to admit that for the next ten minutes I don't want to be a mom - primarily because I'd like to hear some other new mom admit that too.

JAC turned three months old on Friday and time has moved so fast that my mom actually had to call and remind me so I wouldn't forget to take the usual birthday pictures. To celebrate the occasion I made margaritas and chocolate cake and Jess and I sat on the couch catching up on college basketball. I don't love watching college basketball but I love March Madness. Every year Jess and I both fill out brackets and see who does better at predicting the outcome. This year we're neck and neck. Jess took an early lead due to my poor picks in the Midwest division but my chances got a lot better when Jess' pick to when the whole thing (OSU) tanked. I picked Memphis to when the tournament so I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.

JAC reached a major baby milestone early Saturday morning. I have been practicing rolling over with him for a couple of weeks and while I slept on Saturday morning Jess was playing with JAC and he rolled over! When I woke up and he told me I was really surprised and a little disappointed that I had missed it. While Jess was in the shower I tried to get JAC to roll over again to no avail. It seems like Jess had the magic touch and I'm glad that he gets to claim a minor parenting victory but I'm a little disappointed too because I wanted to be there to see him roll over for the first time.

Yesterday the weather was finally really nice. After church Jess and I decided to take JAC to the zoo. Apparently most of DC had the same idea and all of the zoo parking lots were full. We decided to retreat and instead drove around our favorite neighborhood eating fast food. When we returned home Jess went on an 8 mile run while JAC and I planted our first vegetable garden in the back yard. I've never planted a vegetable garden but I treating this like a science experiment and hoping for the best.

Finally, work called today and reminded me that I have to come in and out process. Ugg! When I asked them how long it would take they suggested all day and perhaps several more days during the week. This has left me scrambling for a sitter and thankful for a cadre of friends willing to volunteer.

And now readers....I am going upstairs to try to comfort JAC so he'll stop crying.

1 Comments:

At March 25, 2009 at 11:15 AM , Blogger Lady said...

jajaja... Be patient linda! ... more beautiful days to come than bad ones... miss you lots!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home