THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Jihad

I have decided to launch my own holy war against the squirrels consuming all of the bird seed from my feeder. Two days ago I woke up early with my cup of coffee and went to the window to watch my birds only to see a huge squirrel perched on my feeder gorging itself. Shocked, I pushed Roxy outside to defend our territory. She was rearing to go and raced out the door. I was sure she shared in my fervor for this quest but was dismayed to see her take off in the wrong direction to bark at the neighbors. Roxy's confusion seemed more apparent when later in the day I caught her running and jumping trying to catch birds near my feeder in mid-air flight. I discussed this with Jess and he is sure the squirrel ls have cut some kind of deal with Roxy - promising to push little bits of bird seed down to her if she lets them eat at the feeder too. This really could be true because one day I caught her eating birdseed I had left on our front step and on another occasion she had to be banished from my vegetable garden because she was following behind me digging up the seeds I had just planted so she could eat them. Despite Roxy's lack of enthusiasm for our Jihad against the squirrels I have scoured the Internet to find a solution. Check out the links below. One feeder flings the squirrels off and the other gives them a little shock. I think it is pretty funny!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydLiasdJeoo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NocRG3r2zBw&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNPl8P8bfZ4

On a completely unrelated note, Jess got word this week that he has finally made CPT in the Army National Guard. This is a big deal for Jess and I'm proud of him so make sure you congratulate him if you see him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home