THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Friday, March 13, 2009

Short

This week has been exhausting but despite all the activity I have very little to blog about. I thought I'd give a short update to keep my readers posted.

My dad's parents came for a visit this week. I had forgotten how much work entertaining can be especially with JAC around. We managed to get out and see a few DC sights and it was good practice for getting JAC out of the house more often.

JAC continues to grow and get more interesting. He has starting sucking on his fists. He'll chew on his fist for hours and if I give him one of my fingers he'll chomp down hard and chew on that too. JAC is getting more and more vocal but he does less cooing and more of a strange sound that is similar to shouting or loud talking. One day I looked back and he was hitting at his toys as hard as he could and shouting at them. In my mind he was yelling "Kill, Kill," reminiscent of bayonet training in my army days. JAC is a morning baby. He wakes up every morning smiling and ready to play. Jess will go and play with him for an hour before work while I try to catch up on sleep. I have decided that Dads are just more fun than Moms largely due to the cool sounds they can make. Jess makes all sorts of sounds at JAC and JAC loves it. Despite all my best efforts I can't make too many cool sounds and as a result Jess remains JAC's favorite. JAC is also slowly growing to be more independent. Last night we put him in his crib for his bedtime. We listened from the other room while he stayed awake for an hour not crying but instead making happy sounds at his toy elephant.

Our dog is quirky as always. Today she started scratching at the refrigerator door trying to get me to open it. I guess she has figured out that is where the good stuff is. She is such a smart little dog. This morning I put her outside and went to the basement to check email before JAC woke up. I guess I didn't hear her scratch at the front door to come back in. A few minutes later I heard scratching at the basement window and looked up to see a small shaggy dog face looking back at me hoping to be let in.

Finally the weather here continues to be disappointing. Despite a few warm days earlier in the week this morning it was snowing again. I am ready for Spring!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home