THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Chasing Tail

In the next room is a very loud rowdy boy refusing to take his nap.  We have had a very eventful morning and the excitement hasn't quite worn off.  We have early evening plans and a boy without a nap does not make a good dinner date.  So, today JAC is re-learning the lesson that we all know so well.  Many times in life you just have to do things you don't want to do.  It is inevitable.

Yesterday the weather was perfect.  The temperatures peaked in the mid-seventies and a breeze blew gently through the neighborhood.  Something about the weather seemed so free that it reminded me of the mountains and we stayed outside all day.  We went to two different parks and we stopped along to way to investigate anthills and pick flowers. 

In a few years JAC will be going to school and I hate the idea of such a free creature being trapped behind a desk.  I suspect the teachers will say he is too lively, too loud, too active but I know he is just right.  He is filled with wonder and excitement.  He is a keen observer of the world with a soft heart and abundance of spirit.

JAC is suffering from allergies and is a snotty mess.  Yesterday as we walked to the park he tightly grabbed my legs and rubbed his face into my rear end.  For a moment I was thrilled to be on the receiving end of a rare hug but I quickly realized it wasn't a hug.  JAC was wiping his nose on my back side rubbing snot all over my pants.  Apparently my butt was a prime Kleenex opportunity! 

We took Roxy to the park.  The park was empty and I let her off the leash to run.  When she wandered too far I called her back.  She came racing up and JAC was thrilled by her return.  He pet her softly and then grabbed her nub of a tail.  He  said, "Roxy tail?"  I replied, "Yes Roxy has a small tail."  I could tell he was thinking this over  and in a moment he charged my back side and start pawing around looking for something.  He looked up curiously and asked, "Mom's tail?"  I explained that we were not dogs and didn't have tails but this did not seem adequate.  A few moments later he was spinning in circles in the sandbox try to clutch his own rear end.  When I asked him what he was doing he paused and said, "Find JAC tail."  I couldn't help but laugh.  It was a perfect lazy Friday with my funny little boy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home