THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Friday, December 3, 2010

Friday Adventure and the Great Shoe Casualty



It feels like Christmas and I couldn't be more excited.  To help us get into the Christmas spirit JAC and I headed to Union Station to see the Christmas tree.  The tree is an annual gift from Norway and absolutely lovely.  There is also a great model train display.  JAC has started loving trains and all I had to suggest is we were going to see a train and he was ready for the adventure.

Union Station was well decked out for the holidays but even without the decorations Union Station is beautiful. I always think its speaks to what travel used to be - a relaxing luxury rather than a great cattle call.

We finished our adventure by eating a pizza. I really felt like we were on a special mom/son date. JAC sat next to me and we looked over the balcony at the train below. He was charming and we only had one mishap. He became restless and tossed his toy truck over the balcony. A sweat young man was nice enough to run up the stairs and return it. He even made funny truck sounds for JAC.

On the way home JAC was fighting sleep. There is a steadfast rule that if JAC sleeps in the car he will be grouchy and awake for the rest of the day. I couldn't take that risk and opened his window a bit. The brisk air perked him right up. We were making quick time down I-395 when I heard JAC say, "Bye Shoe!" I looked back just in time to see his shoes fly out the window. They bounced down the pavement and were crushed by the high speed traffic.

A few minutes later JAC started asking for his shoes. He really loves those shoes and often insists on wearing them to bed with his pajamas. When I told him the shoes were gone forever, he broke down into hysterics. He wailed, "BYE SHOES!" and punctuated it with loud sobs of "WHY?" The whole scene was regrettably tragic but also just a tiny bit funny. I hope your Friday has been an adventure and you have a good reason to go shoe shopping too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home