THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The End of a Thankful Month




As the month of thankfulness comes to a close and we move into a month of celebration I'll take time to evaluate things.  If you subtract the usual things people are thankful for - housing, provision, family and love - I know I am most thankful for one thing.  I am thankful for our neighborhood park.  If you have followed the blog for long you might have recognized the pictures of our park.  The park saves my sanity.  When trapped inside with a wild child I go mildly insane.  Eventually I look at him and know it is time.  It is time for our daily march to the park.  We walk three blocks with our poor dog in tow.  We might play an hour or twenty minutes but I always leave feeling a little better.  JAC always leaves covered in sand and leaves.  Today it rained all morning and when it stopped the world was a giant mud hole.  I hesitated for a moment.  Was the march to the park worth tromping through mud?  Was it worth two wardrobe changes since we were destined to come home wet and muddy?  Was it worth having to scrub mud out of my carpet and clean little dog paws?  Absolutely! The park never fails to be worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home