THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Fishnets



Some days I really want to wear fishnets and too much black eyeliner.  There is that inner part of me that just really wants to be bad so when I discovered D.C had a roller derby league I knew I had to check it out.  On Sunday night the whole family went to the D.C armory to watch Scare Force One take on the Cherry Blossom Bombs.

Apparently Roller Derby has a renewed following because we waited in line for half an hour. As I looked through the crowd I was very surprised. I had heard Roller Derby was a "sub-culture movement," but the crowd was a mix of yuppies and families. There was even a group of dads who set up a pack-n-play on the front row.

I expected roller derby to be very rough and fast-paced. It was actually pretty mild and perhaps a bit boring. We got bored and left early. I think the best part was the costumes and goofy skater names. It was an interesting evening but I think I'll have to get my bad-girl fix somewhere else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home