THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Friday, September 17, 2010

Friday Adventure

I love junk store shopping.  I know many stores are labeled "antique stores," but mostly it's used junk.  I grew up junk store shopping with my mom.  She has a great eye for finding good stuff amidst mountains of junk.  Today I decided to introduce JAC to the hobby.  We drove out to Vienna, VA and met my favorite fellow adventurer Becca.  Becca loves JAC and JAC loves Becca.  Today when we dropped Becca off at her house JAC cried and cried about her departure.

Vienna's old main street has a row of quaint shops and junk stores.  I was proud of JAC because he generally followed my one finger rule.  When we go into stores with lots of interesting items I let him touch anything gently with only one finger.

Junk store shopping is an adventure because it is like a treasure hunt.  You never know what you'll find.  After some serious treasure hunting we stopped and played in the fountain and finished the day with a cupcake.  I couldn't have asked for a better day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home