THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Double - Jointed...

Jess is in Trinidad all week.  A tiny part of me is jealous that he is in a tropical location but I know he is working and something unexpected has happened.  After all of my complaining about our swampy summer the hot weather finally broke and fall temperatures are here.  This week's forecast includes temperatures only in the low eighties and almost no humidity.  It is perfect and it is a well deserved break.

Things are always different when Jess is gone. Yesterday both JAC and I were in a cross mood. He woke up from his nap angry and never fully recovered. Finally I banished him to his room and ate three chocolate bars for dinner. Later I felt guilty an did a work out video. I did not feel guilty about JAC's early bedtime because he truly seemed tired. He quickly went to sleep and at 10 o'clock I sneaked into his room and checked on him. He was sleeping on the floor with his blanket and I did my best to slide him undisturbed into bed.

When autumn comes I feel the need to cook soup and baked goods. I start wishing for pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and spicy posole. Every fall I gain eight pounds. I don't even try to fight it. I can't resist the baked goods.

Jess' absence has launched me into other addictions. I am sewing furiously. I am lapping up every ounce of a great James Michener book. I love James Michener. I also signed up to receive NPR updates on my Facebook page. This is yet another way to waste hours. Today NPR touted homemade wedding cakes as the perfect gift of love. While I think weddings are 200% over-done and a homemade wedding cake is a great idea the article primarily reminded me of one thing. I really don't like cake. I never have. I can think of only three cakes that are acceptable: 1. Bohemian Coffee Cake 2. Texas Sheet Cake 3. Rum Cake. Please feel free to disagree and this is the end of my disjointed blog post.

3 Comments:

At August 25, 2010 at 2:25 PM , Anonymous Jill Horn said...

What have you been sewing?

 
At August 25, 2010 at 5:55 PM , Blogger Jesse, Toni and JAC said...

Hey Jill! I've been sewing every apron pattern in my One Yard Book...I think baby dresses are next. I will be in St. Louis on Sept 18....I think. Let's plan on meeting up.

 
At August 27, 2010 at 9:22 AM , Blogger Leigh T said...

I love your disjointed posts. Hmmm... good cake: anything with cream cheese frosting! Ha, maybe I don't like cake, just the frosting. :) I really like banana cake with cream cheese frosting, carrot cake, spice cake.... yeah, good stuff. I'll make a cake if you'll make me a rum cake when you come southwest. Deal?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home