THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Second Sewing Project

Here are a couple of pictures of my second sewing project.  My sewing book called it a gardening apron and I launched into the project with great intentions of giving it as a gift to my friend who is an avid gardener.  I think I have changed my mind.

I enjoyed this project because I learned new things like how to make pleats. During the construction phase I felt cocky. After doing a little reading I learned to press the hems before stitching and it made the project easier and more finished looking. My stitches were straighter,and unlike the previous project I didn't forget to back stitch multiple times. Everything was going well until I tried to us the basting tape and then it all went downhill.

It's interesting, much of what I know about sewing I remember from watching my mom sew. My mom never really taught me how to sew but I watched her sew often and frequently when I can't remember how to do something I try to sit and picture how my mom might have done it.

I went to the fabric store and bought new fabric today. I'm ready to start a few new projects but right now this post has been cut short by a cranky kid who just woke up from his nap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home