THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Friday, August 13, 2010

Thunder

Typically my outlook on life is 90% optimistic, 5% cynic, and 5% sarcastic.  Generally this outlook serves me well and last night as we stood on the running trail assessing the ominous clouds overhead I could have sworn they were moving in the opposite direction.  In my optimism I convinced Jess of the same thing and we hit the trail with JAC in tow.

About two miles away from our parked car the clouds grew dark and I knew I had miscaluclated. Another runner flew past and shouted, "You're not going to make it. Take cover!" Jess and I both looked at him incredulously and picked up the pace. We were sure we could outrun the storm.

Five minutes later we knew we were wrong. The rain came down in a torrential downpour. The wind whipped side to side rocking the stroller. The thunder was deafening. The lightning flashed overhead.  JAC whimpered and Jess and I took off at a dead sprint.

We ran as hard as we could each taking turns pushing JAC. We averaged under seven minutes for each mile. We tried to shout encouragement to JAC over the din of the storm but mainly we just ran with every ounce of strength we had.

When we arrived at the car we were all drenched - soaked to the core. We hurridly loaded up JAC and the stroller. We were shaking from running so hard. Finally we slammed the car doors and looked at each other. We said the exact same thing, "That was Awesome!."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home