THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Truth

This is the first year that I can remember actually wanting Autumn to come.  Summer is my favorite season and most years I hate to see it go.  This year was a whole different story.  After the coldest winter on record we have been neck deep in one of the hottest summers on record.  It has been a virtual swamp. 

While the weather has been absolutely miserable this summer has been extra icky for one other reason - the snakes.  I absolutely hate snakes and this year I have seen 11 snakes on the trail.  That is practically one per week.  There is nothing that will break your stride quite like leaping over a disgusting snake.  Before this summer I had only seen one snake in the DC area but the swampy weather must have inspired them.

My craving for autumn has grown deep and wide.  I keep wanting to make my favorite cold weather soups.  I made rum cake last night which is traditionally cold weather fare.  I keep checking out cold weather fashions on the web and looking for pictures of the Aspens changing colors.

I think part of this overwhelming anticipation of nicer weather has to do with our planned early October trip.  This is the year I'm taking my guys to the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta.  Its one of my best Autumn memories and I can't wait to share it with the guys.  Are you feeling a longing for fall or relishing the freedom of summer?

1 Comments:

At August 21, 2010 at 4:28 PM , Blogger Jill said...

Fall use to be my favorite season, but now I don't ever want the summers to end. Summers up here are unbelievable!!! Also, I almost dread fall because it's a segue to winter, which seems never ending once it begins....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home