THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Pack Horse




About once a week I find myself hauling around a kid and all the kid accoutrement and wonder if the little horse that carried are gear in Mongolia felt like this. Motherhood renders you a virtual pack horse and I long for the days when all I'll carry is a purse.

I once heard a story of a farmer who bet his friends that he could lift a full grown steer. The farmer had never lifted a steer before but he knew he could lift a newborn calf. He guessed if he went to the barn and lifted the calf every day by the time it was full grown he would be conditioned to lift a steer.

I've done my own version of this experiment. I've been hauling JAC around in his baby backpack since he was 5 months old. It used to seem like an easy solution but on Friday I came to a distinct conclusion. I cannot lift this calf anymore. After carrying him for just two miles I was absolutely wiped out. I took him out and we slowly walk back to the car. This pack horse is officially whooped!

1 Comments:

At April 19, 2010 at 8:10 AM , Blogger Jesse, Toni and JAC said...

I did not proof read this post very well...I need an editor.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home