THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Saturday, December 5, 2009

My Favorite DC Tourist Spot


When you live in the DC area you getting pretty good at playing tour guide. I really don't mind because I love the monuments and museums. The one tourist stop that I had never been to was the National Cathedral. I had assumed that there would be no parking and it wouldn't be worth the trip. I was wrong on both accounts.
While my family was in town we made the short trip to the cathedral and it was so awesome that I was disappointed with myself for taking two years to go check it out. They had an affordable parking garage. The tour guide was funny and informative but the architecture stole my heart. It was magnificent, complete with soaring ceilings, beautiful stained glass, gargoyles, gardens and flying buttresses. I felt like I fell in love at that very moment. JAC and I are planning on going back when we're done travelling for the holidays. JAC particularly loved the cathedral because he could listen to his voice echo off of the walls. I'm also planning on getting a book about cathedrals and architecture. The National Cathedral left me feeling inspired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home