THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Part 2

I'm afraid my son might not share my enthusiasm for Halloween. Jess and I spent all afternoon excitedly getting ready for our favorite holiday. JAC rode in his back pack (commonly referred to as the JAC PACK) as Jess got our fire pit ready for smores and I hauled chairs to our front yard. It has been so wet here that it was a tough job to get a fire going and a few minutes after our small blaze was lit it started raining again. Ug! We couldn't make smores but I was not going to be deterred in my celebration. Jess happily lugged our over sized pumpkins into the leaving rooms so we could carve Jack O Lanterns. I was pumped to share the tradition with JAC but we needed some space to get the operation going and I put JAC in his crib. I few minutes later we were ready to start carving and JAC had fallen asleep at 5:00. I was surprised but I thought it might just be a quick nap.

JAC slept through his entire first Halloween. He slept through his little friend coming over dressed like an astronaut. He slept through a great pot of chili and some good friends helping eat it. He slept through over 200 trick or treaters, one transvestite dressed as a devil and handing out over six bags of candy. He never even got to try on the cowboy outfit I made him. We still had a great time though and there's always next year. JAC better have his game face on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home