THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Thanksgiving

I just got off the phone with my older brother and he casually asked, "Are you ready for Thanksgiving?" At that moment I wanted to knock him upside the head. A few minutes later he also openly admitted that he doesn't like Halloween. What kind of person doesn't like Halloween? I'm surprised he has any friends.

This year I am hosting Thanksgiving. Jess and I both really enjoy having people over and were excited when everyone agreed to come to our place. I'm planning on feeding 15 people on Thanksgiving. There's just one small catch. I've never hosted Thanksgiving before. I have actually never even cooked a whole turkey before. Things could get rough.

When my brother asked me that horrible question my chest instantly tightened a tiny bit. I've been so busy with the husband, kid, school and marathon that I had completely blocked out Thanksgiving. Now I am resisting the urge to go into a full fledged planning fury.

Luckily my mom and my sweet sister in law are coming to help. I have confidence that with them by my side we will be able to complete this mission. In the mean time I'm just going to try not to think about it.

1 Comments:

At October 30, 2009 at 11:33 AM , Blogger Leigh T said...

Totally understand! After Halloween, think about hosting. I hosted Christmas last year; I opted for a ham and turkey breast, which I cooked in my crock pot. Both were delicious. If I can pull it off - you're going to be GREAT. And, I'm with Quinn on the Halloween thing... see and I have friends. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home