THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Race Gear I Now Swear By...

I am happy to report that the marathon is over. I actually had a great time. I have so much to write that I anticipate breaking it up between several posts. Above is a picture of my race gear. I feel very loyal to it now that we have spent four grueling hours together. I was lucky enough to get some great advice from my friend who has run many marathons before making my purchases. Here's the rundown.

Race Shirt: My shirt was made by Nike and is part of their Dry Fit line. I road tested several shirts before the big day and this one was my favorite. It was soft and moisture wicking. Plus I love the bright color.

Race Sleeves: My friend turned me on to these. They are perfect for morning races because you can wear them while you're cold at the starting line and then when you get warmed up mid race you can take them off or roll them down. They are sold by a company called sub4usa.com

Running Pouch: Its nice to be able to carry your phone, ID and running beans while on a long run. This is the only pouch I have found that doesn't move or bounce while your run. iFitness makes this pouch and as an added bonus it is water proof.

Running Beans: I know the idea of eating anything while you're sweating is majorly disgusting but on a really long run you need something to give you a little energy. I've tried the goo but the texture of it made me feel a bit nauseous so I stick with the beans.

Body Glide: This stuff is really important. I know some readers are scratching their heads. This stuff prevents chafing. My girlfriends and I all refer to this as the "chub rub." Before I lost all of my baby weight I had a big problem with this. I'd come home from long runs really chafed up. Towards the end of the marathon when you're really exhausted your stride shortens and allows for more rubbing. I also know guys who use this stuff because their racing jersey rubs against their chests.

I hope this helps. More Marathon posts are coming soon but right now I have to study for my mid-term

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home