THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Enough


Admittedly this has been a rough couple of years for Roxy. When she first came home with me she had a plum deal. It was just the two of us and she got lots of attention. Then a few months later Jess came home from Iraq and she had to share me with him. That was followed by a loud, demanding baby and she was relegated to the bottom of the pack.




Its been a tough adjustment for Roxy. There are moments when she really likes JAC but most of the time she is just annoyed. This week her annoyance apparently reached a pinnacle. Jess kicked her off the bed. Everyone has been too busy studying to play. She had to go to the groomer and she hates the groomer. To express her frustration Roxy had been barking her head off and it was driving us bonkers!




Jess insisted it was time for her bark collar to go back on. The bark collar is a training tool that sprays a tiny puff of a smell she doesn't like when she barks. When I put the collar on Roxy she immediately seemed deeply upset. She lay down and hung her head. When I tried to get her to go outside she simply sat on the porch and stared back in. I thought she would get used to the idea but apparently resentment just welled up inside her doggy heart and yesterday to let me know how mad she really was she pooed on the floor! I was furious. I deal with enough poo as it is. I threw her outside in the rain and started cleaning. At ten at night I mopped all my floors, vacuumed, dusted and scrubbed my bathroom. Roxy watched from outside.




Roxy did not calculate for how stubborn I really am. This morning I put the bark collar back on. I will not be beaten. I swear I am changing the name of this blog to the Chronicles of Poo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home